“Nick Metrokotsas is a ‘Builder of Programs’ and is known for getting more out of his players than is expected. Coach Metro, (as he is known to his players), is a powerful motivator and communicator able to increase participation in his program from players, parents, faculty, administrators, support groups, and township youth coaches. He motivates players to win using P.R.I.D.E. as the driving force. He is truly a complete Football Program Manager.”
New Jersey Star Ledger Sports article on becoming Coach-of-the-Year, 1991.
P = Perseverance
R = Respect
I = Integrity
D = Desire
E = Enthusiasm
Coaching with P.R.I.D.E. is a step-by-step process that does not have to be used solely by coaches or in a sports area. There’s no reason why you can’t build character in your sales force, your employees, or any other program outside of sports that has a goal to win or succeed. The starting point is to ask your team, your players, or your employees one direct question: “How Badly Do You Want To Win?”
From the first day you ask that question and your team members answer you, that’s when character building through the P.R.I.D.E. Program can begin.
Football Coaching Accomplishments for Nick Metrokotsas:
54 years as a football coach at the high school and college levels
- 41 years as a head high school football coach
- 10 years as a high school assistant coach
- 3 years as a Division III Offensive Coordinator
- 1 year as an Interim Head Coach at the Division III college level
- and recruiting coordinator
- 7 consecutive high school playoff appearances in 9 years
- 3 Coach-of-the-Year Awards
- Author of 14 Coaching Articles in Scholastic Coach and Athletic Journal
- Guest Speaker at three National Coaches’ Clinics
-- American Football Coaches’ Convention
-- NIKE Coach-of-the-Year Clinic
-- The Single Wing Symposium
Football Playing Experience - (13 years):
- Played 3 seasons in the Atlantic Coast Conference of Minor League football
- Played varsity football 3 years on the offensive line at the US Naval Academy
- Played one year at Bordentown Military Institute, Bordentown, NJ, as a Post-Graduate
- Played at South Plainfield HS, South Plainfield, NJ, 4 years
- Played youth league football for Police Athletic League (PAL), 2 years
Once referred to as “One of the finest Offensive Line Coaches in the Country”, By Frank Burns, then Head Football Coach at Rutgers University, 1976.
Coached 552 games with a W/L career record of 332-216-4 (.600)
© 2007-2022, IASPAW All Rights Reserved.
IASPAW is a registered 501(C)3 non-profit organization.